Srinagar, 06 May (CNI) : A 60-year-old woman died when an LPG cylinder caught fire and exploded inside their house at Aali Kadal area in Central Kashmir’s Srinagar city on saturday morning.
Reports reaching News-agency Current News of India (CNI) that the blast took place due to gas leakage from the cylinder at Aali Kadal Srinagar, in which a 60-year-old(name withheld) dies on the spot and the entire house caught fire within minutes of the explosion.
The victim could not escape due to fire and smoke.
On getting information, police teams and fire-tenders reached the spot and the blaze was brought under control.
Meanwhile police have taken cognizance of the incident and started further investigations in this regard. (CNI)